Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New Adventures




So our family has moved from Provo, UT and is now in Boise, ID just miles from where I grew up and attended Middle and High School and 120 steps from my parent's door. We live just across the street. We're having lots of fun with family and are eating up every moment together before James leaves to go to South Carolina on Saturday, June 5th (Lindy's 3rd Birthday).

Luke will be baptized on July 3rd with or without his dad present. We are hoping James will be allowed to take a day or two of leave to perform the ordinance, but Luke wants to be baptized as soon as he can and doesn't want to wait until September when James graduates from his Army training. We, as his parents, support his choice and join in his excitement to follow the Savior's example of baptism. Our prayer is that James be will able to come home to share this very special time.

We recently traveled up to McCall Idaho and stayed at a condo. It was fun to spend time as a family and play in the pool.

This is a picture of James' Graduation Day. This is a pretty momentous . . . moment. Here James is with his 3 moms. They are each amazing women and I am so grateful for each of my Mothers-in-Law. May I repeat . . . I am so grateful for each of them. I am so blessed to know so many people who love James and in turn, me.
This picture was taken just after the Race for the Cure in Boise the day before Mother's Day 2010. I got the best time of my life. 3 miles in 23:50. My socks were given to me by my sister, Sara, they say "Survivor".

Our family went for a walk last night at Camel's Back Park in Boise. It was after a soft rain that made the air smell fresh, the dust stay low, and the kids not need to pack water for the trek.






Here are a couple of pictures of Phillip and Luke . . . at one with . . . nature.



Thanks for checking in. I will be updating this blog every other month or so at least because my friend Mary W. committed me to. I love you all. -MJ

6 comments:

  1. Very cute family Martha. I am so happy that you are happy! It's good to see pictures of you, but maybe we can do the park one of these days and see each other in person! ♥ ya ~Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like life is treating you good! I am so glad to see pictures and see an update!!! I sure miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great that you guys have been taking the time to do fun things together before this summer starts without daddy there. My sister has done the same thing. Rob might have mentioned her to you before, her husband has been gone alot with army stuff.
    One thing to try to remember for later, when he does come home for some leave time try to just make your family happy, don't worry about trying to visit with everybody else, take that time with daddy there to just relax.
    I've watched my sister try to be in too many places trying to visit every family member they can in that short time they have and it is just not a pretty picture.
    So keep him all to yourself!
    I hope the summer goes fast for you and you get to be together son again.

    I can't wait to meet you for reals later this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures and update! I'm so happy to have you close by this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your friend Mary got you to post updates on your blog. I love seeing how your family grows and changes. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for Luke's Baptism. That's a hard call. Good luck you can do this!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah! I've been watching for a blog post. Thank you thank you!

    I love the graduation picture, which is all the better because it is so unique.

    I'm glad to see you're continuing to run. Was it a women-only race, or did James run too?

    How nice to be a boy on a hike. On our last family hike, one of my girls needed a potty break and was so nervous about using the side of the trail that she wouldn't. All she would do is cry about how much her bladder hurt. When I finally took her behind some brush and told her we weren't going any farther until she took care of business, she still ended up splashing on her clothes. Girl plumbing is just not suited to the great outdoors.

    ReplyDelete

Followers