Sunday, June 20, 2010

Whatchaupto?



ok, so next time I update I'll remember that the pictures download in opposite order than the way I selected them...

So, this is me eating, no, sucking the guts out of the crawdad body cavity as I crush the shell. My cousin Mark holds a cookout every other week-ish out on the family farm. Friends, neighbors, everyone comes out and brings whatever they wanna cook. There are a lot of dutch ovens going and it's always REALLY good food. I had some yummy jumbalaya and chocolate dutch oven cake to truly die for with swirls of fudge and nuts and mmmmm. He's making the place look really welcoming. He just laid some sod with more to come and he's built picnic tables and benches. But I haven't seen any port-a-potties out there.

This picture is not my "mmmmm" face. It is more of a "hold on to your cookies sister" look.

lovely, don't you think?
here's luke tasting the crawdad meat after some coaxing from Phillip, see below.



Luke turned 8 on June 19th and we had a little party for him. He chose cherry pie for dessert but I added some peaches with his consent to make the expensive canned cherries stretch.
I am so proud of this little guy. He's a good boy with a good heart and is a loyal friend. He will be baptized in 2 weeks and he's super excited about that. So are all of us. Pictures to come in a couple weeks.That's the scoop for now. We miss James like mad but he get's to come home to perform the baptsimal ordinance and spend about 52 hours with us over the 4th of July weekend. We are excited to find out that lots of family will be traveling to support Luke and enjoy time together.
Later!
-Martha Jane







3 comments:

  1. MJ that one of you sucking the whole crawdad is so hot! Love your face. :P

    we used to catch a bunch ourselves and cook them, they were pretty good soaked in butter, but never my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I've never had crawdad before how does it taste?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE!!!! You know June 19th is the coolest birthday there is ;) Love you bud!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers