Thursday, March 4, 2010

January and February 2010


Wow, it's been a while. We are nearing the end of our Provo adventure and are about to move onto new things. At the end of April we will be moving to Boise. After a month James will leave me in the company of a lot of family while he goes to Chaplain Basic in South Carolina for a few months. When he graduates from CHBOLC he will drive to El Paso and the kids and I will fly there and we will start our new life stationed at Ft. Bliss.

The kids and I took a trip to the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake a couple weeks ago. Lindy loved it. Eli stayed home with James and it was a good thing he did. It was cold and would have been quite miserable for him.

On Valentine's weekend we hosted a couple's dinner for the other Chaplain Candidates that are in James' BYU program. We had a lot of fun. Hopefully the guests did too. We all had to dress as couples. One couple came dressed as Star Trek characters. Another couple wore matching stickers on their shirts. James and I wore scout shirts.


James has been plugging away at school and I have been gaining a greater and greater love for homeschooling my kiddos. It has not been easy. There have been times when I thought "Gosh, it would be a lot easier to just send them to school!" But the thought of going back to that life just gives me a headache. After fumbling for 6ish months to find the best way for homeschooling to work for our family we have settled into a pretty good rhythm. I know what I'll do different when the kids finish this curriculum that I have laid out for this year, and I know what I'll do the same. The trick is finding the resources that fit best. There are a TON of resources out there and it is quite a task to sort and sift. I figure by the time I've been at this for a decade or so - I'll be a pro. Maybe. I'm sure I'll continue learning and improving all along the way in this, just like every other facet of life.



5 comments:

  1. the joys of the military!! Good luck in El Paso. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I hope everything works out good! Can't wait to hear all about it! Good luck! Have fun in Boise! We will be up there in July, if you are still there I hope we can see you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look SOOOOOO pretty Martha!! Anyways, that is so exciting that everything is coming together!! your family is growing up so much!!! I respect you for homeschooling. It is a tough job. We miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can't believe James is done already! Back to Texas, huh? Hope you enjoy it there.

    ReplyDelete

Followers