Monday, June 22, 2009

Triathlon and Birthday Party - June 2009

Birthday Party!
We have a new 7 -year-old.  
Here is his birthday cake which he decorated himself. We had a simple party with some neighbors.

James and I participated (not competed) in a triathlon in Pleasant Grove on Sat. June 13. It was a great experience. 5k run, 8 mile bike and 500 yard swim.
James and I stayed together the whole time and finished together. 
James is growing out his hair and beard for a role as an extra in a Mormon Battalion film that is being made in the end of July for the San Diego visitor's center. 

7 comments:

  1. I was trying to figure out if the birthday boy was holding "fangs" over the cake to represent how much he wanted to dig into it. Then Kassidy explained that he was giving bunny ears to the cake! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the party and with your triathlon. I didn't recognize James at first though - I was wondering who that furry guy was with you :) Good Luck with the filming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how much everyone is growing up. You're kids are getting so big. I'm so imprssed, I've wanted to do a triathlon for some time. I love that you did the whole thing together. That sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beard! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow.... 7...that is just crazy... little lukey!!! still as cute as ever. oh we miss you guys SOOOO much!! and that beard... WOW i had to do a triple take.... but James you totally will fit in the part :) and good job on the triathlon... you really amaze me Martha... a great example!! we love you guys... and are you able to access our blog??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering if the beard was a delayed reaction to getting out of the military, but I guess not:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers